Book of the month for June 2017 – “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by – Robert T. Kiyosaki
When I started to get a bit more involved and a bit more serious about business and entrepreneurship the name of this book always kept showing up, I have heard a lot about it and I have watch some videos of Mr.Kiyosaki regarding financial education. But I’ve never read the book until 2012 when I listened to the audio version of it and then around 2016 when I read the paper back version.
The whole story of “Rich Dad Poor Dad” reminds me of my own life and me growing up as a kid. I had “two fathers” as well. My dad who is working class and my uncle who is an entrepreneur. When I was growing up nobody taught me about money, because most of my family had 9-5 jobs, but my uncle who is a skillful businessman has always showed me the ways of the entrepreneur.
So when I read this book it felt very close to my experiences growing up and I know exactly what he was talking about right from the start.
Product Description (from Amazon)
In Rich Dad Poor Dad, the #1 Personal Finance book of all time, Robert Kiyosaki shares the story of his two dad: his real father, whom he calls his ‘poor dad,’ and the father of his best friend, the man who became his mentor and his ‘rich dad.’ One man was well-educated and an employee all his life, the other’s education was “street smarts” over traditional classroom education and he took the path of entrepreneurship…a road that led him to become one of the wealthiest men in Hawaii. Robert’s poor dad struggled financially all his life, and these two dads—these very different points of view of money, investing, and employment—shaped Robert’s thinking about money.
Robert has challenged and changed the way tens of millions of people, around the world, think about money and investing and he has become a global advocate for financial education and the path to financial freedom. Rich Dad Poor Dad (and the Rich Dad series it spawned) has sold over 36 million copies in English and translated editions around the world.
Rich Dad Poor Dad will…
• explode the myth that you need to earn a high income to become rich
• challenge the belief that your house is an asset
• show parents why they can’t rely on the school system to teach their kids
• define, once and for all, an asset and a liability
• explain the difference between good debt and bad debt
• teach you to see the world of money from different perspectives
• discuss the shift in mindset that can put you on the road to financial freedom
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Plata Publishing; 20 Rep Anv edition (April 11, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1612680178
- ISBN-13: 978-1612680170
What I Think About the Book
I really enjoys reading this books, and it’s a must read for anyone who is interested in managing their personal finances better, understanding money or wants to start a business.
The book will mostly teach you the basics for money management, and it will have an effect on your mentality and attitude towards money. Don’t expect a ready-made business plan or in-depth financial advice (there are other books out there for that).
The book consists mostly of personal stories and advice from Kiyosaki. What he learned as a kid about money and how you can apply this information to your own life. Even if you’re not interested in starting a business, the book is a must read as well. It will teach you a lot about how people’s attitudes towards money can determined their financial future and what you can do to prevent financial problems in the future.
Also if you are a parent, you may want to study this book and teach your children about money and financial responsibilities one day.
You can purchase this book at:
- Amazon (US) –Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Amazon (UK) – Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money – That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not!
- Amazon (Canada) – Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money – That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not!
Overall Rating – 4.5/5
I hope this book review will help you the next time you stumble across this book or you need a good read.
Thank you for visiting my Blog, subscribe for more posts 🙂
Support this Site:
All the content I’m creating is free of charge, however if you wish to support this site so I can dedicate more time to creating quality content, you can help out by:
- Becoming a Patreon
- Donating on PayPal
- Purchasing my new Book on Amazon (US) – The Book of Manly Quotes: 200 Quotes on Masculinity, Success and Happiness
- Purchasing my new Book on Amazon (UK) – The Book of Manly Quotes: 200 Quotes on Masculinity, Success and Happiness
- Purchasing my Book on Amazon US – Just Do It – Damn It: The Approach To Life, Business & Success
- Purchasing my Book on Amazon UK – Just Do It – Damn It: The Approach To Life, Business & Success
- Use my affiliate links – Amazon (US) – Amazon
- Use my affiliate links – Amazon (UK) – Amazon